Wednesday, May 18, 2011

400DayHeadache

We're gonna slow things down a little, add a pinch of dissonance, and coat them with a nice glaze of melody for easy ingestion. "400 Day Headache" spins like a good Allied Records comp from the mid nineties, but this one was put out by an operation called Unite and Fight Records. The cover above has a few very recognizable names, but a few that are less so offer some pretty impressive contributions as well. A very nice listen that brings back angst-y coming of age memories-- as does the suggested retail price. Four bucks in 1993 got you an LP shipped to your doorstep, and the label was still able to send fifty cents of the proceeds to The Rainforest Action Network. Bygone as those days seem, at least these days you can get a free simulation of the real thing beamed right to you...

8 comments:

Nuclearpowergrind said...

glad you posted this comp. I still have that Lp and am now happy someone digitized it!!! Also, it is my only exposure to the pre-ASSFACTOR 4 bands UNHERD and TONKA. Do you have any other releases by either bands???

Batguano said...

Hey, man you must have quite a collection! I think I know where to find some Tonka and maybe Unherd. Give me a week or two. Thanks.

Mike said...

Thanks again... another record I've been meaning to re-rip. BTW, I've got the Unherd LP and can post it on TT if you want. Lemme know and I'll post a link.

Batguano said...

Hey Mike, welcome back! The Unherd LP would be great... when you can find the time. Thanks in advance!

Mike said...

OK guys, finally got my post together... here is the Unherd Lp. I've got another comp. with them and some Tonka comp. tracks also which I can try to get together sometime. Anyways, here's the link. Enjoy!

http://twisted-tracks.blogspot.com/2011/06/unherd-st-lp.html

Batguano said...

Rad! I think I have that comp you're taking about. I might go ahead and post it soon along with another comp and the Tonka 7" if you don't beat me to it. Either way, thanks as always for hooking it up!

Coach Spencer said...

I put this record out. It makes me cringe a little at how hodge podgey it is, but the bands were either friends of mine or stuff I liked. I don't think I understood the concept of cohesion. Oh well. Haven't listened to this in almost 20 years. Most of it brings back good memories.

Batguano said...

Hey Johnny,
The link should work now (let me know if it gives you trouble). I can't tell you how many times I've heard the aborted discography story. It sucks, but at least there's file sharing. Let me know if I can help you find anything else.

Marc