Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cast Aside Your Chains and Dance

It appears that another crime against humanity has been committed: the Kakistocracy LP remains out of print. When I picked up my copy around 2006, it was a revelation. A hardcore band could in fact be politically charged, devastating, intelligent, moody, modern, even a bit polished in their production, without succumbing to the pitfalls of pretense or stigma of categories. While these well-read anarchists raise the hairs on your neck, they simultaneously raze the rickety foundations of our masters' illusions-- at once with the wrenching dissonance of their chords, taken together with their words inspired, and at times directly lifted, from Goldman and Berkman. The outpouring of idealism, aggression, frustration, and perseverance is almost too much to take in one listening, but it can be worked up to one side at a time. The band has several other smaller releases, my favorites of which are their last 7" and their split with Nux Vomica. There have been a couple of rumors bandied about as well, one involving a split LP with Chronicle A/D, the other promising a second LP. I've given up on the first, and eagerly await the second. For now, the first LP should be easy to find is such places as this.

Kakistocracy LP (@ 320 kbps)

4 comments:

7inchcrust said...

great band and great record,i own this since 2007 or so and still listening it from time to time,thanks for the mp3z Mark!

Batguano said...

Shit Yeah!, I knew you'd know these guys, EC.

Billy- Yes, it seems to only get better each time I play it. I really hope the 2nd LP sees the light of day soon.

Translation services said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Asian girls looking for men said...

It is really good post. I like your post. I have shared it with my friends.