Thursday, July 8, 2010

Song of the Week: "Mit Mareridt" (The Assassinators)

Here's one of my favorite Assassinators songs from a 7" I've been playing uncontrollably for a couple of months now. Addiction is inevitable with these Danes, from their tight, traditional structures and galloping punk drumming, to the contagion-laced vocal melodies and harmonies (the comparisons to Bad Religion and La Fraction are not entirely misplaced). This is one of the few bands I know that can somehow sound so sweet and digestible, and still hold a stern place in the political/crusty hardcore canon. I've also heard that the band is no more, sadly, but this 7" is available all over the place. So, support them, and while you're at it you can support DSB who is also rad.

"Mit Mareridt" by The Assassinators from the split with DSB

2 comments:

Steffen/Denmark said...

Love this band, hope they are just taking a break. Alerta antifascista are putting out a four song EP with Assassinators later this year I think.
DSB unfortunately stopped the band earlier this year.

Batguano said...

Hey Steffen, I hope it's temporary too. I checked their MS page, and you are correct! I can't wait to get me a copy!