Friday, August 5, 2011

Rock-Out Without Your Cop-Out

For your sake, I hope you already have Ebola's "Imprecation" 7", as it is quite the classic of nineties fast/grindcore. I thought I had convinced myself of the superiority of the band's more hardcore material, but hearing these nine tracks and their split with Servitude has me constantly swaying and reassessing. The band however, could always be counted on to pinch our self-righteous nerves with the forceps of their scathing honesty, and at times to slam our hypocritical ideals headlong into the meat grinder of their sour chords and unforgiving blast-beats. These musicians and people rank way up there in my personal cannon of UK hardcore, so as with the last post, the honor is all mine in presenting this to you...

The "Imprecation" 7" by Ebola (UK)

7 comments:

RyGar said...

Ahh, this is great for the short bike to work. Wakes me up, gets the blood pumping, and, oh look: I just kicked in the door of that cop car...

Batguano said...

Yes, bands like this get me up those hills with ease.

Anonymous said...

fucking brilliant! much more fierce and diverse than their lp. thanks for posting another gem!

Batguano said...

Any time, dude. Thanks for coming by!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Beautiful Asian Women said...

Thanks for taking this opportunity to converse about this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject. I have been looking through for the last two months, and I think your posts are brilliant!

Japanese Used Cars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.