Monday, February 20, 2012

Amber Are These Days

Institute first blipped on my radar a few years ago during a random search for Damad, but this post can be credited to eastcobb for finally getting me to upload the goods. Institute materialized from the same vapors as Damad, Kylesa, Karst, etc., but opted for a more expansive sound. The same dark universe is seen tinted through colder, slightly industrial eyes, kindred spirits of which might include early Counterblast, In Nomine Christi, and Christdriver. The voice samples and noise effects add a nice layer to the mix, but for me it's the hypnotic rhythms and driving metal riffs that are the real flesh. I'm posting my own rips of the one vinyl piece I own by the band ("Two Shadows") and tracks from "The Piano Player" which I downloaded from the band back when they made available both records to the public.

Institute
"Two Shadows" LP (Yellow Dog Records, 2001?) ripped @ 320.

5 comments:

eastcobb said...

Here's their first CD called "13 Planets" http://www.mediafire.com/?qnmv93ltiqnd5

Batguano said...

Hey thanks again, Erik... you made my week!

I put all the "13 Planets" tracks into an .rar file if anyone is interested...

http://www.mediafire.com/?pd2lrrhza626z2o

justin said...

Love the music and the artwork is just out of this world cool.

Batguano said...

Thanks Justin. This stuff maybe isn't the best noise to usher in the spring, but it's so rad as to be perennial in its own right. It's versatile too... just graded some papers listing to "Two Shadows"!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested...Thankkxx