Thursday, January 19, 2012

Scream

Himei marks the smoldering nexus of several traditions and a touch of originality. The punked-out riffs can't decide if they want to be sharply angular or endlessly danceable, and for me they don't need to. All eight of the tracks on their two EPs meet so many of my musical needs with such pleasing efficiency, not least of which is the need to hear a possessed woman recently released from her straight jacket shrieking inhibition into a cowering little mass. Or a reasonable approximation thereof. Somehow Himei make good old hardcore punk sound fresh and new again, and their vocals rival some of my all time favorites.


Both Himei 7"s (H:G Fact, 2010)... here

7 comments:

Jiha said...

I that the singer from The Comes? Either way, good for her.

justin said...

Love Himei Mr. Guano, thanx for sharing that....HG fact is always a good starting point. HNY to you too buddy, thanx for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

That must be her from the comes! Whoever it is, both Himei records gave me a fucking boner and I've been impotent for 19 years! Thank ye, thank ye from the very pit of the bowels of my heart!

Batguano said...

Yeah, I was avoiding The Comes comparison, but I guess it can't be avoided. Pretty sure there's no actual connection, but yeah the singer has a great set of pipes!

Justin, good to see you here too, and yes some labels like The Fact always deliver. By the way, my resolution this year is to frequent MR and my other favorite blogs more often. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

just got my copy of 悲観レーベルオムニバス Vol.1 compilation with them on it!...totally obsessed...wanna try more...could you please re-up this? tnx for sharing!

Batguano said...

You're in for a real treat then! The link should be good now. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Would you mind reuploading that? The link is dead but this band is too good :(