Sunday, June 13, 2010

Between Cracking Up And Getting Yourself Together

I think I'll keep the crusty stuff I have in the pipeline for next week. In lieu, let's hear a band I recently rediscovered to most gleeful result. Plus, it was the first sunny morning of my vacation today, after days of June gloom. Yes, 8 Bark is much more appropriate, with their volcanic rhythm section and characteristic male/female harmonies. Punk in spirit and speed, but smart and daring enough to hang with the "undie" rock circuit, the band quietly refuses classification, much to my further enjoyment. For years, I only knew them through comp tracks. Getting ahold of a 7" and this amazing "Scam" LP has allowed me to see the error in my delay. "Scam" is themed around work, the meaningful kind, and ways to make the more meaningless drudgery of life less so. A couple of spins should do it, and you'll be hooked too I think.

"Scam" LP by 8 Bark


3 comments:

mattack said...

8 Bark is awesome.

http://8bark.bandcamp.com/
http://8bark.org

mikxxx said...

i'm searching for SQUALORA...
any guidelines my super-hero?
hahahaha

how are you by the way???

Batguano said...

Mat- yes, they were. I thought I remembered seeing their stuff up for free, but I guess I got too lazy to look. Thanks for the links.

Mikexxx- I'm way behind on my requests... I almost had the assassinators split ready, but I'm not going to make it before leaving tomorrow. I'll have it and the Out Cold LP when I get back. Squalora... I have the LP, but it may take time...

I'm doing okay. Just keeping busy. Hope all is well with you!?