Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Song of the Week: "Mlha" (Uz Jsme Doma)

Being on the mighty Nikt Nic Nie Wie label, I bought "Rybi Tuk" a couple of years ago thinking it would be some awesome crazy Polish punk. Uz Jsme Doma is neither Polish nor punk, but they were something incredible. What that something is, I still can't put into words. Passion and musical daring, it certainly exudes, and if genius was a musical genre, then there it would definitely fall. Tradition and innovation collide here in a voluptuous feeding frenzy to satisfy anyone's true Transylvanian hunger.

"Mlha" by Uz Jsme Doma

1 comment:

Malisha Old 666 said...

They blew my mind too when I first heard them ('round '94 or '95, I think). A friend from my neighborhood got their 2nd and 3rd album from some other friend of hers and it was like nothing I've heard before. Totally manic and mindblowing. I'll have to look where that tape is. Haven't heard it in years.