Monday, June 28, 2010

Ivich Part I

France's Ivich was my first glimpse of "modern" hardcore (specifically their LP which will be the subject of the Part II post); today's post concerns their two split 7"s (and I'm throwing in the "Illiterate" comp track). Whether any given Ivich track is blasting you with fast and fiery emotional HC, chunky mosh metal, or those odd, free-form undistorted pauses, you'll know who's doing it to you, as the band always sounds so very distinct. The two rippers on the E-150 split fit into the first category mostly-- fast and chaotic, and dripping with raw emotion. Their Spanish partners on side B take an even more straight forward, Chicagoan approach (MK-Ultra, Crudos, etc), except for the weird electronic track at the end. The music is tight, fast, and powerful, and ends before it could ever possibly get old.


The Ivich track on the Jasemine split is probably their least interesting one, and therefore this EP is posted for the sake of completism, as well as my mission to spread Jasemine's brilliance as far and wide as I can. I've already waxed hysterical over this post-Finger Print band's ugliness-meets-sublime beauty before, so just take my word for it-- Jasemine is essential listening, even if they only released four songs.

Ivich stuff is here



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very good hardcore-noise band from Paris, very honest and with nice guys. Their 1st ep (chacun sa vérité) is a blast.
Nice to see them here...
Fab

Batguano said...

Hey, good to see you here, my friend. I've been trying to get that Ep for a while now... no luck. One day...

Anonymous said...

et voilà:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0GFPCXL5
F

Batguano said...

Fab, you are one of a kind! Thank you. I hope you are okay with me posting these rips?!

Anonymous said...

By the way, the 1st demo of IVICH : sculpteur de cris (via http://www.mediafire.com/?ytdym5nzzjy).

Ivich was a part of this new french hardcore wave in the beginning of the 90s. As i booked some shows at that time, i was lucky to book these bands in my hometown. so one day i booked Autonomia Indigena + Ivich for one gig. Good souvenir...
bye
F

Batguano said...

A very nice souvenir indeed! Thanks again for sharing all your treasures. This era of hardcore is priceless to me.

It_Follows said...

Such a good band. Ripping the Autonomie comp 7inch right now and decided to try to run down some of the stuff i dont have from them (the 10inch probably my favorite of the stuff i have)

anyhow, thanks and great work!
-Jon/itfollowshc.blogspot.com

Batguano said...

Hey, thanks Jon. Always good to meet another fan of the French sound. I'm linking your blog too!