Friday, March 26, 2010

Petroleum Straight, No Chaser

The above art is not the cover of a long lost Spine Wrench 7", but rather that of the one 7" released by Minneapolis' Servitude. Even if this was not a pre-Segue band, and even if this was not released on Profane Existence/Skuld records, I would still post it. Mainly because, like many records on this blog, it's obscure and I fuckin' love it! Conjure the ferocity of nineties north/mid-west crust core (Shitlist, Decrepit, Dearborn SS) and shoot it up with 100 cc's of Segue's gloom, and see how it compares to what Servitude did.

Servitude 7"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great! many thanx. wanted to hear some more of their stuff ever since i've heard their split 7" w/ebola. this doesn't sound so dirty and muddy, but it's definitely a top class scorcher. and cover art is just beautiful!
roman

Painajainen said...

one of the best 7"s ever released in the 90's

Anonymous said...

thanx a lot, really great stuff.
I have a request, maybe you can help, especially if you like to post obscure stuff.
I'm looking to In Nomine Christi for a while now.
One man band who released one ep, and one lp.
ex Dekadent, anarcho-indus-crust, mix of godflesh, spine wrench, and crust.

Batguano said...

Yeah, this EP is great. I don't have the Ebola split... yet.

Nomine Christi? Not familiar... yet. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Painajainen said...

I have the In Nomine Christi LP box set got it from the label...if i get the time later today I'll post it up...i need to start my blog back up

Batguano said...

Hey,
I found the LP and 7" in a distro, but the boxset sounds more interesting. I look forward to it.

Painajainen said...

its the LP with a t shirt, badge, and it came in a spray painted box limited to 30 copies but i imagine he still has some left ...Civilization Recs out of Germany put it out luckily he was coming here for a visit so i saved myself a ton on shipping... and after i get offline i'm going to rip this....i'll also rip the ebola/servitude split for you as well.

Anonymous said...

It would be really great if you can put In Nomine Christi lp, will it be on this blog, or another one Painajainen?
And maybe it's too much asking, but if you have the ep too, really great.
Thanx.

Painajainen said...

it's up on my blog now

http://distortiontilyouvomit.blogspot.com/

I don't have ep unfortunately