Monday, April 5, 2010

Song of the Week: "Briganti" {Live} (Contropotere)

My camera is somewhere on the bottom of the San Diego River (which right now looks like an actual river for once) so I stole the image to the left from the great Night Gaunt Graphics site. Posting will be even slower than usual until I get a new camera, but this week we feast on the haunting, yet rousing live version of "Briganti." This little beauty was found nestled within the "Farmhouse Records 1994" comp amid rollicking pop punk songs and some ragers from Apeface, Lesser of Two, Mohinder, Fuck Boyz, etc. All this talent aside, Contropotere's offering is the one I sweatily anticipate during each spin. That should come as no surprise once you hear it, or maybe it will; depends on what you like. But if you're at all like me, this song will have you burying your dead and marching on to the good fight in no time at all.

"Briganti" (Live)

6 comments:

Chairmaker said...

Good song! Thanks.

mike said...

Yeah, this is a good one. My fave has to be Zona Luca from the 7", tho!

mike said...

Oh, BTW, I love the Buttafuoco track on Farmhouse 94... do you have their other stuff? I know there's at least a 7" or 2 and a split. Would love to hear it.

Batguano said...

Thanks, gents, for stopping by!

Mike, yeah, when I dusted this thing off recently, I realized what a great song that is. I'll throw up a Buttafuoco EP soon and see what else is out there too.

Anonymous said...

Could you reupload this?

Batguano said...

Sure can. Here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/?64bcoly5hhpd5hy

Thank you!