Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Hardcore Mess

I picked up the "Japankore Omnibus Vol. 2" one-sided 12" comp mainly for the Sink track. But that's not the only reason I keep playing it. The Japankore imprint was the brainchild of Japanophile, Brian (of Drop Dead). For this installment, he had The Gaia assemble seven all-female bands from Japan (including themselves), and then tacked on a mix-gender upstart band called Melt Banana. Maybe you've heard of them. The result is quite a wonderful little mess.

Orfee, of Cephalochromoscope, was gracious enough to offer his scanning craftsmanship for the graphics. Some tech issues prevented him from re-ripping his copy, so I did my best to handle the audio. Thanks, brooooo! Be sure to go over to Cephscope and say Hi and download the Senseless Apocalypse CD.

The Omnibus

The Bands:

4 comments:

orfee said...

Fugitive Cephalochromoscope Equilibrium.

Batguano said...

It just kind of rolls off the tongue.

Strange Ranger said...

Woo-hoo MELT-BANANA! I have seen them live three times. They are so much fun. If you ever get the chance to see them, trust me it's worth it.

Batguano said...

They're the one Japanese band that consistently comes to town, and I consistently miss them. I suck. I'll certainly take your advice... one day.