Monday, September 7, 2009

I Just Want To Sing Your Name

To all the Yanks with the day off today... happy Labor Day! I'm not sure why early September was chosen for this; America has a pretty arbitrary way of scheduling holidays. Anyway, this calls for a SOTW from everyone's favorite "commie" folk hero, Woody Guthrie. "I Just Want To Sing Your Name" comes from the "Ballads Of Sacco And Vanzetti" record, and I think you can figure out what the topic of each song is from that title. I always found this song moving, and with this kind of music, that's all that matters.

"IJWTSYN"

Or

"IJWTSYN" (mediafire)

6 comments:

justin said...

Perfect Mr. Batguano. Inspired me to do some reading on a topic other than music. Had to familiarize this burnt out brain with that case again. Great read over at wiki. After their execution on a wreath was written "Aspettando l'ora di vendetta (Awaiting the hour of vengeance). Thanx for stearing me in that direction today, any chance for a rip of the entire record?

Batguano said...

Hey Justin. Yeah that case still resonates to this day. I've been meaning to do more reading myself on the topic (as well as the Haymarket incident). I also need to replace my copy of the CD so I can get better rips. When that happens, I'll drop a link by at the Relics.

PANKERIJADA said...

i dont care about your shit blog

visit my blog

http://pankerijada.blogspot.com/

justin said...

Starting to see the negative side of the internet more and more. Hey man I was impatient and found the S&V Ballads on slsk, great stuff. Probably need to get a hard copy of that for myself, I guess Ebay may be next. Thanx again Mr. Guano

justin said...

Last comment I promise. Really digging on this WG album, thanx again for putting the tune out there. Here's the entire album in case someone wants it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fzkmninevnm/1960 - ballads of sacco and vanzetti.zip

Batguano said...

Cool, thanks for doing that, Justin!