Saturday, September 12, 2009

You're On My...


...Shitlist is a band whose brilliance was brought to my attention through the miracle of blogging. With all the great, mediocre, and terrible crust released in the nineties/early 00's, it's nice to have some guidance to navigate it all. I have blog hommie, Shawn, to thank for holding the torch up to this band. Shitlist's pedigree, while impressive, only serves as a stylistic reference index, because their power is absolutely singular. I believe the band is related to Hail Of Rage, Inhaste, and possibly Decrepit. I apologize if I'm wrong; all of the music and info I take up daily is getting to be too much for the o'l Duder's head. But the nine tracks on this slab lay waste to much of the material from those other bands. The tightness, the unrelenting fury... unbelievable. Thanks again, Shawn.

If you're energy isn't completely sapped from Shitlist, Calloused offer another challenging aural workout. Blokes like me who'll never get enough Detestation and Pink Turds In Space will find a 10 track feast of obnoxiousness bursting through the grooves of side B. The collusion of these two bands is just pure crusty perfection. The CD version of it was been posted elsewhere, but I really wanted to have it here for personal reasons. The link below has the usual 320 kbps vinyl rips with complete scans...



2 comments:

Wooderson said...

Thank you for this and a bigger thank you for introducing me (and I'm sure tons of others) to a lot of great music.

Cheers!

Batguano said...

Hey, LA, good to see you here. Thanks for the encouragement. As long as I still get a kick out of this, the tunes will continue rolling in.

As far as Hatchetface, I haven't forgotten either. Like I said, take your time, dude.