Sunday, August 16, 2009

What To Do With This Yearning...

When a certain former blogger requested Warhead rips a while back, I thought I'd see if I could get affordable copies of the band's out of print EPs before doing a post. Since the next ice age will probably happen sooner than that, I went ahead and busted out the 12" released on Ugly Pop Records recently. It collects the 1993 CD, "What To Do With This Yearning?" and the 1995 7" "The Lost Self And The Beating Heart." Everything addictive about '90's Japanese hardcore impatiently awaits us in these grooves. And then there's the vocals. The word psychotic comes to mind, as does the phrase fucking awesome! On the CD tracks, the vocals are recorded a bit too loud, but once you get used to that, the complaints end there. If you lack rips of this thing, hesitate no longer...

Warhead

4 comments:

Chairmaker said...

I salute this post.

Batguano said...

I thought you'd like this one!

yrfkt said...

I am super appreciative of your post. I quit the blog because I've just been hanging around Waffles.

Thanks so much for the rips.

Batguano said...

Ah, waffles. I completely understand.

Hopefully your waffle buddies will enjoy some good Japankore too!