Sunday, October 11, 2009

Can't Find Any Hope Out In Tomorrow


You might know Protess from their split with Signal Lost. Those songs were good, but weren't enough to prepare me for the bleak epic that is "The End Of The Day." It brought back fond, giddy teen memories of first discovering Initial State or Zero Hour. They also released a 7" which I need to get ahold of, and if they ever release a LP I can die a little bit happier.

The name Noise Pollution may strike one as generic, and I'm sorry to say that this Irish band's sortie into raw political hardcore fits that description too. Their hearts are in the right place, and if they continue to be a band, I hope they write material that does better justice to the spirit of the band and its members. Not bad, but not great.


I've been posting a ton of crust lately, mainly because that's what I've been listening to and apparently it's what people want to hear. Next week I'll shoot for a little variety; possible posts from Same Sex Dictator (if my copy will ever arrive!), Walls, Guts Pie Earshot, The Neighbors, Kurt...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guts Pie Earshot would be great! Thanks, your blog is great. I particularly like the fact you add scans to each record.

Batguano said...

Hey, cool, thanks! I'll get at least one GPE LP up this week, sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of German bands, do you have anything by Motorambo or any other Bhang Dextro release? Thanks.

Batguano said...

Hey,

Sorry to leave you hanging like that. Unfortunately, I only have one comp song from Bhang Dextro and nothing by Motorambo. You can be sure I'll be on the lookout for them now!

Anonymous said...

hello! here you can find some more Bhang Dextro: http://www.builtonaweakspot.com/2010/03/bhang-dextro.html
Is there any chance you could get any of the Motorambo records?