Saturday, February 7, 2009

Itzul Gaitezen Haitzuloetara

The first description I read of Karkaba employed words like "primitive" and "powerful." Said description and the utter lack of any web presence for this mysterious Basque band led me to grab all I could find by them. Both "P" words above apply to the band's sound without a doubt, although, as is usually the case with great bands, words don't quite suffice. Karkaba have an excellent ear for good, crankin' old school riffs, and play them with tons of genuine rage. And, speaking of rage, the vocalist issues some of the most sincerely pissed off sounding yells of recent memory. The black and white photography adorning the covers and booklet is disturbing, yet nicely composed and consistently themed. I've included the lyrics in the folder below, which are mostly in the Basque language with Spanish translations provided. Definitely check this 7" out if you like your music good and raw. It's a rather long and satisfying EP, but if you want more I should have the band's LP up soon.

Aqui

6 comments:

Chairmaker said...

I like this a lot-thanks.

Anonymous said...

Great ep! Fucking awesome vocals,just like you said...
I wanted to post this up for months but there is no use now :)

Batguano said...

My compliments on your excellent taste in hardcore! So... do you have a blog?

Anonymous said...

http://suicidecity-milan.blogspot.com/

This was my blog,as you see i had some problems hahahaha,but maybe i will post some stuff again...

P.S Thanks alot for Karkaba LP,also great ;)

Batguano said...

That's a bummer about the virus. I'll keep checking back over there in case you start posting again.

Anonymous said...

Hey,I posted some stuff yesterday ;)