Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Metrication Time

Have you heard The Conversions' full length, "Prisoners' Inventions"? I mean have you? That LP stormed the gates of my world and performed a six month sit-in on my turn table. I've been looking around for the band's other releases and finally found myself a copy of their 7"; it certainly doesn't disappoint. We get a smaller, rougher dram of their frantic, retrofitted punk angst-- a strangely organic junction of raw, old school defiance, and self-conscious, angular modernity. Somewhere out there, these Bostonians must be capturing the imaginations of some disenfranchised musical junkies; but strangely enough, I haven't heard or read very much about the band. Then again, lately I've been living a somewhat ascetic lifestyle in my cave constructed of vinyl, cardboard sleeves, and tattered, twice-read books, so what do I know? Anyway, see what you think...

The Conversions 7"


5 comments:

yrfkt said...

Fuck yes! I love these guys. At first I felt like there was no way it was the same band, but then when you said Mass I knew it had to be them.

I highly recommend the LP on Level Plane and if I had any idea how to rip it I totally would.

Batguano said...

Yeah, "Prisoners' Inventions" is friggin' amazing! I went ahead and ripped it for us and anyone else who might enjoy...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmwqkjzfwhn

mikxxx said...

now, i saw it
thanx for this one, bat

mikxxx said...

bat
the link is damaged
if you ever see this.....

Batguano said...

I see it, and it is fixed! Thanks.