Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pride From The Depths: Orchid & Pig Destroyer

I'm a little under-motivated and hung over, but I said this would be a week of splits so, damn it, I'm seeing it through to the end! I'll make this quick since both Orchid and Pig Destroyer don't require too much of a jaw-wagging intro, and these tracks can be purchased in CD from here and here. I believe this was the first vinyl output by either of these bands; you get three tracks from the Massachusetts chaos hustlers, and eight from the mighty post-Enemy Soil/Anal Cunt grind machine from when one Scott Evans was still on drums. "Scans" and such are included.

And, whether this is a significant day for you or just another square on the calendar... happy New Year to you anyway!

3 comments:

RyGar said...

One of my favorite bands, and the only band whose logo is tattooed on my body, is the Locust. When people find this out, they often list off a bunch of other bands that I may like, usually a side project of the Locust, but Orchid is almost always mentioned. I've only given them one chance, and wasn't very impressed, but I trust your tastes enough to give them another shot. Pig Destroyer seems to be all over the blogs these days, so I guess it's about time I listened to them, too. Thanks.

yrfkt said...

I wish I didn't have these tracks already! The first time I heard both of these bands I had that, "This is it," moment and both have been among my all-time favorites ever since.

RyGar said...

Orchid is better than I remembered. I think it was just the context, looking for a comparison to a band that they sound nothing like. Good songs, new enough sounding, w/o the shitty emo tinge that infects most current releases.